two possible bugs

Dominic Chambers dominic at enkasa.com
Fri Dec 19 14:07:04 UTC 2003

Version: 3.0b1
Dist: arklinux alpha 10.1

Background:
I have been trying to build a C++/KDE/Simple KDE Application, using the
Automake Manager.

Disclaimer:
I have only just compiled my first KDE app, no little of the GNU build tools,
and am only just out of newbie status with regards Linux. If these are not
bugs please forgive me for wasting your time. I am reporting by mail since I
do not want to foul the bug database with nonsense.

Possible Bug 1:
After succesfully meeting the dependencies for the make (Run Configure) I had
no problems compiling (Compile File), but was unable to Build Project,
getting the following error (from memory):

Linking kservices (libtool)
Exited: status 2

Unlike the make failures, no reason was given, and I could find no output log
to give me a clue. Once I realised it could be done from the shell as make,
install, etc, I did 'install' and it told me that it needed 'libpng-devel'.
After making this change I was able to Build Project, and Install Project
with no problems.

Since I created this project with the Wizard, and made no changes to the code,
should this mean that the make file should require this library and fail with
a useful message?

Possible Bug 2:
Execute Program does './kservices' which does not exist. I had a look in the
project directory and the root appears to be 'src/kservices'. I guess that
means that particular wizard needs updating?

Thanks, Dominic.

p.s. Thanks for an awesome IDE. My last C++ development was on Visual C++ 6
some four years ago, and this project seems far better so far!