Compile error, current cvs.

Robert Jonsson robert.jonsson at dataductus.se
Tue Dec 9 12:16:04 UTC 2003

Hi,

I managed to build it after upgrading to mandrakes newest RPMs, thanks
for the info Mario and Amilcar.

I do however have another really strange problem. I've had it pretty
much since I started using the betas for 3.2 of KDE. I'm not blaming
kdevelop but it affects kdevelop badly.

When I start kdevelop in a directory it outputs alot of stuff, in the
end it start iterating over the files (apparently failing in some way)
in the dir I started it, e.g:

kio (KIOJob): stat file:/home/ddskrjo/dev/sandbox/CCA/tags
kio (Slave): slave failed to connect to application pid=29222
protocol=thumbnail
kio (Slave): Houston, we lost our slave, pid=29222
kio (Slave): slave died pid = 29222

When it is done with that kdevelop dies, I'm unable to get a backtrace
of it.

If I load a project before this "countdown" has finished, it has
happened that kdeveloped has stayed alive, but most of the times it
crashes similarily.

However, If I immediately start a new project, importing the one I was
working on, kdevelop stays alive. (!)
The errors like above still appear but they are no longer fatal.

Has anyone else seen this, or something similar? It drives me nuts ;).

Regards,
Robert