CPP Persistant Class Store crashes KDevelop 3

Rene Schallner rene.schallner at kabsi.at
Sun Dec 7 19:38:04 UTC 2003

Hi!

I am new to this list and since I haven't found an archive of the list I
don't know if I am telling anything new.

Every time I load a KDevelop 3 C++ project (created by the wizard or by
migrating from KDevelop 2 to 3) KDevelop crashes.

On the forum I read that removing the myproject.kdevelop.pcs file helps.

And it does!

I am using kdevelop 3.0.0b2 (snapshot kdevelop-031205), kde 3.1.3, qt
3.1.2 on Linux Mandrake 9.2.

I started digging into the cause of it and quickly found
./languages/cpp/cppsupportpart.cpp appearing to be the source of all
evil ;-)

When I create a .pcs_ignore file before starting kdevelop I don't even
need to remove the .pcs file. (The ignore file gets deleted by kdevelop
though. Not that good a workaround :-)

I have verified that cppsupportpart.cpp has not changed since the
snapshot I have downloaded.

Now I wonder: Am I the only one with that problem?

If yes, then there might be some weird side effects of my configuration.

Anyway, if one likes, I can send the .pcs file that gets generated when
I create a sample "Hello World" app with the wizard in order to identify
whether the problem originates in the writing process or the reading
process of the .pcs file.

I am willing to help and quite fluent in C++. I just can't do it on my
own at the time being since I have absolutely no experience in
Qt/KDE/KDevelop development per se.

If one can point me to the right direction maybe after a quick analysis
of the .pcs file then I would be more than pleased to help and assist.

KDevelop 3 rocks!
	- Rene