kdevelop & automake problem - again

Izo I at siol.net
Tue Dec 2 09:55:43 UTC 2003

Dorin Lazar wrote:

>On Tuesday 02 December 2003 06:57, Abhijeet D Mhatre wrote:
>

>>I feel that the aclocal problem and the configure problem should be
>>recognized by the development team as BUGS in Kdevelop.

It could be only for KDevelop-3 sinc the KDevelop-2 is not
supported/developed anymore. Visit the bugs.kde.org and submit the wish.

>  By the way, shouldn't this be solved by generating the project using the
>local autoconf/automake. For example, if I have autoconf 2.13 use a template
>for autoconf 2.13, if I have 2.53 use a template for autoconf 2.53. That
>means in fact 'autogenerating' the admin directory - or a possibility to
>autogenerate that dir on the fly - so that there would be an easy workaround
>available if you switch distribution. And this workaround should be
>advertised, as it is a huge problem for growing projects.
>  I for one do not know too much about the autotools toolchain - I would like
>to understand it, but it seems so redundant that it becomes unbearable. But
>shouldn't they provide portability for projects? Shouldn't they be helper/not
>torture tools?

I've been participating in previous similar thread and it seemed that
Alex Krouglov solved his problems.

I have overwritten all admin directories with the admin directory which
comes with the CVS version of the KDevelop3. It seems to be useful for
the autoconf >= 2.53 and automake >= 1.6.3.
If this admin version does not work, take the one from the August 1st,
2003, which I currently am using as the admin template (just because I
am too lazy to check the newer one - and why should I if the old one
worked ?). It does the trick for me.

To generalize behaviour (since the KDevelop-2 is not supported anymore)
you have to replace the
$KDEDIR/share/apps/kdevelop/templates/admin.tar.gz with the one which
works for you.

I hope it helps !

Iztok