kdelibs/kutils

Alexander Dymo cloudtemple at mksat.net
Mon Dec 1 13:56:02 UTC 2003

I've foung a way to reduce the size of mdi tab bar buttons. Attaching a patch
against kdelibs/kutil. Works also with kdevelop/lib/qextmdi.
In short, to determine the width of the buttons, I used QStyle::CT_ToolButton
style instead of QStyle::CT_PushButton for KMultiTabBarButton class.
This usually gives much smaller buttons.

Now if text on the buttons is showed always, they can be placed in one row
at 1024x768 and small font. Still they take a lot of space (two rows) in case
of larger font. Left tabbar takes two rows also if bottom tabbar mode is not
set to overlap.
So I propose following changes to our mainwindow (patch included) - we can use
a config setting (which can be changed manually) to enable text on all
buttons.
KDevelop default style (icons or text with icons) can now be changed
at kdeveloprc.

--
Alexander Dymo
Ukrainian State Maritime Technical University, IT Department