Debugger can't find source files

Eric Sorensen ericsorensen at reservistenheim.de
Thu Apr 24 22:51:03 UTC 2003

> > I recently compiled Gideon from CVS, and now I'm having trouble adding
> > breakpoints to my source files.
> >
> > 	The debugger console tells me that the file does not exist:
> > (gdb) break epan.cpp:1284
> > No source file named epan.cpp.
> >
> > 	I suppose it should be epan/epan.cpp:1284 as epan is my source
> > directory... it's strange because I finally got Gideon to realise that
> > the executable was locatede in this directory, but now the debugger
> > doesn't get it...
>
> 	Examining deeper I have found that a standard project made from scratch
> does debug correctly, but my old project won't. From the source dir I can
> do a gdb on the executable and add a breakpoint at line 1 in the newly
> created project... however gdb won't recognize my source files for the
> other project? I'm thinking it has something to do with the compilation?
>
> 	Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance

I'm kindof a newbie at C++ but had the same problem last week.  This problem
appeared on my computer because I named my class with capital letters but the
filename all small.  I didn't go into detail on the problem and just
converted everything everywhere to lowercase (file names and class names).
Then it worked.

The problem lies in the capitalisation somewhere.

Eric Sorensen