Crashes in ClassStore::removeWithReferences

jalal the_jalal at fastmail.fm
Wed Apr 16 21:14:02 UTC 2003

Hi

KDevelop crashes a lot with the latest CVS (16/04/03 am). It seems to be
related to the bug report (Bug #57253) on crashing when saving a file
header, as the back trace is very similar. I tried stepping through it
with gdb but could find nothing conclusive.

But, my guess... is that it is to do with something with the threading.
The crash happens ClassStore::removeWithReferences at the point that it
tries to increment an iterator which seems to be invalid. So, somewhere
else, some code is modifying the container and invalidating the
iterator, which when accessed, crashes.
It happens when saving a header file because the class is reparsed. It
seems to happen at other times when a background parse happens.

I tried ./configure --disable-threads, but that won't build (obviously!).

If I get the time, I'll try and track it down closer, but thats my
thoughts for now.

cheers
jalal

--

GPG fingerprint = 3D45 5509 D380 26A4 523E  A9D8 A66A 5F38 CA43 BB0E