gideon alpha 4...

Holger Schröder holger-kde at holgis.net
Tue Apr 15 02:32:03 UTC 2003

Hi,

i am quite impressed by the progress, which happens in gideon, and as there is
always the problem, that the developers just want to include this and that
feature and want to delay the release for only some days, what do you think
of releasing the next alphas once a week, so that people don´t have to still
work with alpha 3 now or had to build it from cvs.

for these weekly builds, it should only be tested, if they really compile, and
everything else is still up to the developers.

i think this would be a good solution to bring a more actual gideon to the
users. as it is still alpha, people would understand, that this and that
feature is still missing, and i hope it would also encourage people to test
it more and report more bugs, as they can be more sure, that the bugs they
see in their version are still in the cvs head version, as it is only some
days younger than their version, instead of three months, like alpha 3 is
now.

that combined with a nice changelog of the enhancements and fixes for that
week would be really nice...

(to not put more uninteresting work on the real developers, i would volunteer
to follow the cvs commits and write the changelogs from them...)

Holger