To INSTALL or not to INSTALL? The question is : how usefull is it!

Steven T. Hatton hattons at globalsymmetry.com
Mon Apr 7 10:47:04 UTC 2003

On Monday 07 April 2003 04:09 am, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
> Hi all!
>

> How about replacing the useless info on the  INSTALL file with the much
> better info at:
>
> http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=branches_compiling.html

Netscape used to simply put urls in their INSTALL files, etc.  It worked well
unless they pointed to an internal system not accessible outside of Netscape
Communication Inc.  I belive that is a reasonable approach.  It allows you to
maintain a single document which can be accessed even without the bits on
hand.

If that was even the question. Since I never read the INSTALL (nor the SuSE
README_OR_DIE), and based all my actions on the page you referenced, I can
only say the page you referenced worked for me.

STH