error compiling latest CVS with KDE 3.1.1

Steven T. Hatton hattons at globalsymmetry.com
Thu Apr 3 10:36:02 UTC 2003

On Thursday 03 April 2003 04:49 am, de Chalendar Gael wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm compiling the latest Gideon CVS with kde3.1.1 (compiled with
> konstruct). It fails with the following message in src :
> g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../lib/interfaces -I../lib/sourceinfo
> -I../lib/util -I../lib -I../lib/qextmdi/include -I../lib/structure
> -I/home/gael/kde3.1.1/include -I/usr/X11R6/include
> [...]
> -lkhtml -lktexteditor ../lib/interfaces/libkdevinterfaces.la
> ../lib/qextmdi/src/libkdevelopqextmdi.la ../lib/libkdevelop.la
> /home/gael/kde3.1.1/lib/libkhtml.so: undefined reference to
> `KTextEdit::setPalette(QPalette const&)'
>
> Do you think that it is caused by a change in kde3.1.1 or a problem in
> my compilation ? Or what ?
>
> Bye.
>
> Gael

Were you able to compile before?  You probably have all the necessary
development libs installed or the KDE build would have failed.

Here's just a dump of things I would try:

After you verify all your environment variables, bounce the system from init 5
to init s and back up.  I've found things sometimes get cached, and you end
up using different libs, etc., than you think you are.  hash -r can help
after changing your $PATH.  Here's my environment cheat sheet for Gideon:

export GIDEON_HOME=/home/hattons/opt/org/kdevelop
export KDEDIR=/opt/kde3
export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt3
export PREFIX=$GIDEON_HOME
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$KDEDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$KDEDIR/lib:$LIBRARY_PATH
export PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$KDEDIR/bin:$PATH
export CXXFLAGS="-g3 -O0"
export KDEDIRS=$PREFIX

export MY_KDEVELOP_OPTS=" --enable-debug\
 --prefix=$PREFIX\
 --enable-nmcheck\
 --enable-scripting\
 --enable-pch\
 --enable-javasupport\
 --with-kkcc\
"
I build in a different directory than the repository sits in.  So I

mkdir ../build
cd ../build
../kdevelop/configure $MY_KDEVELOP_OPTS
make && make install

Be sure you've done a make -f Makefile.cvs from the root the the repository
image.  Try a make clean or make distclean (make -f Makefile.cvs after a make
distclean).

Note: if you put Gideon where I did, you'll need to:

export PATH=$GIDEON_HOME/bin:$PATH
export KDEDIRS=$GIDEON_HOME && kbuildsycoca

before you run gideon.

HTH