Gideon requires kdelibs CVS HEAD?

John Firebaugh jfirebaugh at kde.org
Fri Sep 6 02:34:02 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 27 August 2002 1:01, Maximilian Hrabowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> while trying to compile gideon, there's no member setUseShell( bool, const
> char* =0) in KProcess. So what version of kdelib do I need to compile
> gideon. Or can I simply replace this call to setUseShell() ?

We haven't really come to a consensus on the kdelibs version requirement.

My opinion is that we should require kdelibs CVS HEAD as there have been
significant bug fixes in the libs (specifically in KAction, KParts, and kate)
without which Gideon is very unstable. I've tried running with 3.0.x and it's
much less usable than with HEAD.

-John