improvements in DocTreePart

Bernd Gehrmann BERND.GEHRMANN at gruppotc.com
Wed Oct 30 17:13:04 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 29 October 2002 18:26, Victor Röder wrote:

> Okay, I will apply those patches this evening (objections, Bernd? Arrgh,
> okay your network connection, I remember ;-).

Well, on my company PC, it works very well meanwhile, except that I
can't get the smb ioslave to work :-)

With my private PC, it's a different story, but as up to now, everything in
Switzerland has turned out to take ten times longer than in Germany,
I would be shocked if getting an internet connection would need less
than two months ;-(

> Btw.:  Did you notice that opening a folder the first time in the
> DocViewWidget (e. g. 'qt') is very time-consuming. What do you think
> about indexing the entire DocViewWidgetTree when the Doc-Browser is
> selected the first time. That would increase even the searching-speed.
> Just an idea - what do you think about it?

What do you mean by indexing? The bottleneck seems to be IO when
you open a tree view branch.

Bernd.