Using Qt Designer file inside KDevelop project.

Victor Röder victor_roeder at gmx.de
Tue Oct 8 12:55:05 UTC 2002

Sorry for the prematured mail :-)

Hi, Helen!

1) You have to declare the parent (your main window for example), etc. (see documentation) when you create your dialog object.

<snip>
QDialog::QDialog ( QWidget * parent = 0, const char * name = 0, bool modal = FALSE, WFlags f = 0 ) Constructs a dialog called name, with parent parent.
</snip>

2) You have to call mydlg.exec()
  I am working on a GUI application under KDE3/Qt environment for a few weeks. However, I'm still a beginer.  In my applicaiton, a simple function doesn't work. :(  I want to click a button, then popup a dialog window. I've built the dialog window file using Qt designer, and integrated it into KDE Project. In the slot by connecting the "click button" signal, I wrote code:

  creatddlg mydlg;

  mydlg.show();

  createdlg is the baseclass name of the dialog. But it didn't be actived when I launch the application. Anyone can kindly give me a clue or advice? Thanks heaps!