KDevelop 3.0 alpha release 1

Caleb Tennis caleb at aei-tech.com
Sun Oct 6 23:49:02 UTC 2002

I am in the throws of getting this set up and ready to go.  I'd like to ask
for a few items of information from the people on this list:

0.  My e-mail is caleb at aei-tech.com - I don't think e-mail addresses come
through on this list, so if anyone needs to get ahold of me personally drop
me a line there.

1. I assume we want to switch back to the name "KDevelop" instead of Gideon.
Does anyone object?

2. If you consider yourself the maintainer/author of a part, could you add a
README in that part's directory explaining what it does and giving your
contact information.  That way we can identify who has coded which part.
After a few days, I'll fill in the gaps based on the headers and what I know.

3. Min requirements are KDE3.0 and Qt3.0.5, correct?

4. I'd like to propose that we consider this release KDevelop 3.0 Alpha 1.  I
also propose that we attempt to make KDevelop 3.0 Alpha 2 available at the
same time of the next KDE3.1 release (be it RC1 or final).  For right now,
let's consider that new features aren't frozen, although I ask you hold off
for just a few days on new features while I attempt to stabilize cvs and get
this release ready to go.  If anyone has any comments on a release
schedule/release rules please make them known - I'm not picky!

5. Who is currently handling "bug maintenance"?  I imagine we're going to get
a lot of bug requests and I'd like to know who current has the ability to
reassign and close bug reports.

Finally:

A big thanks to all of the developers.  I use KDevelop daily for my work and I
consider it an essential part of my job.  The Gideon release is the best
integrated development environment I've ever used and I'm happy to be
associated with such fine developers.

Caleb