KDE for Gideon

Iztok I at s5.net
Thu Oct 3 07:49:02 UTC 2002

Max wrote:

> Harald Fernengel wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>On Wednesday 02 October 2002 17:51, Max wrote:
>>

>>>Can I safely assume that I should rather use KDE 3.0.3 instead of 3.0.1
>>>to compile Gideon from CVS ?
>>>
>>>( I just had noticed that my KDE3.0.1 lacks
>>>ktexteditor/markinterfaceextension.h ).
>>>

>>For now, you need KDE HEAD or KDE 3.1Beta. I'll try to fix it for KDE 3.0.x as
>>soon as I've got some spare time.
>>
> I am using my Linux for daily work, so I can not risk my desktop.
> Would it work if I check out KDE HEAD, compile and use it with Gideon
> ? I hope to run it with special LD_LIBRARY_PATH pointing to KDE HEAD
> built instead of stable version.
>
> I would prefer not to run KDE HEAD or KDEBeta. And switching is
> inconveient.
>
> I would appreciate any tips !

The other possibility is to download VMware Workstation (www.vmware.com)
and get 30 days evaluation key which would be sufficient for installing
virtual computer and compiling Gideon. I can not imagine working without
the VMware anymore - I've got Linux as host system to run KDevelop and
two virtual NT4 to run M$ VisualStudio 6.0 and .NET on each which allows
me parallel development for Linux and WIN32.

It's worth to look at !