KDE for Gideon

Max listposter at machsim.com
Wed Oct 2 18:26:02 UTC 2002

Harald Fernengel wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On Wednesday 02 October 2002 17:51, Max wrote:
>

>>Can I safely assume that I should rather use KDE 3.0.3 instead of 3.0.1
>>to compile Gideon from CVS ?
>>
>>( I just had noticed that my KDE3.0.1 lacks
>>ktexteditor/markinterfaceextension.h ).
>>

>For now, you need KDE HEAD or KDE 3.1Beta. I'll try to fix it for KDE 3.0.x as
>soon as I've got some spare time.

I am using my Linux for daily work, so I can not risk my desktop. Would
it work if I check out KDE HEAD, compile and use it with Gideon ? I hope
to run it with special LD_LIBRARY_PATH pointing to KDE HEAD built
instead of stable version.

I would prefer not to run KDE HEAD or KDEBeta. And switching is inconveient.

I would appreciate any tips !

Cheers,

Max.