Adding and removing many files

Victor Röder victor_roeder at gmx.de
Thu Nov 28 11:30:05 UTC 2002

Hi!

In Gideon there are two signals: emitAddedFile + emitRemovedFile ( const
QString& ) for a single file.
But when adding/removing many files, emitting them isn't really good (IMHO)
because if you want to proceed them further (e.g. for CVS) everytime a dialog
pops up asking you something for EVERY SINGLE file.
How about having two additional signals:
emitAddedFiles/emitRemoveFiles ( QStringList )  ?
When, for example, removing a list of files, CVS would pop up only one dialog
from the CVS part, asking if the QStringList of files should really be
removed from CVS.
If there aren't any objections, I put it on my TODO.

However, Automake Manager could now remove targets (and their dependencies).
Note: I'm not an Automake guru so maybe there occur some errors! But some
testing wouldn't be bad :-).

Bye,
	Victor