[Bug 51251] New: Several reports about Gideon
amantia at freemail.hu
Wed Nov 27 13:24:03 UTC 2002
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.
Summary: Several reports about Gideon
Platform: Compiled Sources
AssignedTo: kdevelop-devel at kdevelop.org
ReportedBy: amantia at freemail.hu
Version: CVS from 11/27/2002 (using KDE Devel)
Installed from: Compiled sources
Compiler: g++ 2.95.3
Several bugs (and wishes) in KDevelop Alpha2 (more precisely CVS from 11/27/2002).
1. The toolbars are a mess. The "Configure Toolbars" dialog shows different items on
the toolbars of which are visible. Ie. It shows for "Browser Toolbar <gideon>" no actions,
but there are some debug actions on that toolbar (Start, Step Over, Step Into, Step Out, Viewers).
After trying to add Interrupt to this toolbar, it does not appear on it (but appears in the
configuration dialog), and when closing the configuration dialog, the main toolbar appears
twice, the Bookmarks menu appears twice, the Configure Editor menu and other menus
appear twice and so on.
It seems that the handling of the editor part XML's is not correct. I had similar error with
Quanta Plus in the past.
There are also other problems with toolbars, like with the Build Toolbar, where there are no debug actions, but
there should be (the config. dialog shows the actions on them). Not talking about the empty
View Toolbar, which sometimes hides (is over of) other toolbars.
2.Several editor settings are not remembered correctly, including "Show Icon Border",
"Dynamic Word Wrap". They are also document dependent, which may be ok, but then there
should be a global setting for all newly opened documents. This is also a familiar issue
for me from Quanta. ;-)
3. Debugging an app when it is built in a different dir from srcdir is difficult (altough possible).
The libtool and the application is searched in the srcdir, so you need to specify the full
absolute path to the libtool from builddir and you need to make a symlink to the created
executable in the srcdir. Why not just use the same setting when debugging as when running
the program (from Run Options)??
4. The "File Tree" sorts everything in alphabetical order, thus mixing directories with files.
It is very annoying.
5. The "file groups" works correctly only when the entries are separated by ";". As the conversion
app "kdevprj2kdevelop" does not change the "," to ";", everything is put into Others.
Furthermore, when specifying file names instead of file mask (ie. GNU group, AUTHORS, ChangeLog,...)
even with ";" the files are not put in the GNU group, but in the others.
6. In some places, like "File Groups->Customize", "Project Options->File Groups", Automake Manager
Includes and Libraries there is possibility to add and remove items, but you cannot edit them
from inside Gideon! This is annoying, as you must do it outside or add again and remove the old
7. Some non-debugged, so no "real" bugs. I will report them again if I can exactly reproduce.
- sometimes the buttons for different views (Classes, and so) are missing. The button is there,
you can click on them and they work, but they are not visible. This happens on startup when
loading bigger projects, and the only solution is to restart Gideon.
- it happened that the Sticky (+) and Hide buttons disappeared of the above views (for all
of them). It looked like the view became wider so the buttons are not visible, but you cannot
see the right border, so you cannot resize them. And they were actually wider, as the scrollbar
and dropdown box selection icon were not visisble in File Selector!
- several crashes happened when I was compiling and doing other things (like hiding/showing
the documentation while the make -f Makefile.cvs was running)
Sorry for mixing a lot of things here. I hope you will find the errors and correct them soon.
I plan to use Gideon for Quanta developing from now on, and of course, I would like to see a
stable and usable development tool.
Keep up the good working and thanks for the documentation searching function. ;-)
More information about the KDevelop-devel