static library dependencies in gideon

Brian Gold bgold at vt.edu
Fri Nov 15 12:58:04 UTC 2002

>> Let's suppose I've got a project (foo) with a subdirectory (bar).
>> The subdirectory is set to build a static library, and foo links to
>> it.

> You should build a libtool library instead. Then the whole dependency
> tracking is done automatically.

Agreed, and I have done that for my specific project.  However, if the
"library" option is going to be available when adding a new target in
autoproject, shouldn't gideon make sure the dependencies work?  Is there
a downside to my proposed fix (adding everything in LDADD and LIBADD to
_DEPENDENCIES)?

Brian