static library dependencies in gideon

Brian Gold bgold at vt.edu
Fri Nov 15 03:32:04 UTC 2002

Greetings,

Let's suppose I've got a project (foo) with a subdirectory (bar).  The
subdirectory is set to build a static library, and foo links to it.  All
works well with the current cvs of gideon, except for a dependency
issue.

Let's say bar (the library) is built from bar1.cpp.  If I touch bar1.cpp
and do a "make", libbar.a will be built, but foo (the main executable)
isn't relinked against it.  A make clean && make will cause the re-link
to occur.

I think the problem is that autoproject is setting the foo_DEPENDENCIES
to be blank (in src/Makefile.am).  I can fix my problem by adding
libbar.a to the DEPENDENCIES field in foo's target options in gideon.

What about changing this behavior, so that the entries in LIBADD and
LDADD are always pre-pended to whatever the user types in the
DEPENDENCIES field?

Sorry if this is a duplicate, I searched around on the list and didn't
see anything.

Brian Gold