Subdirectories and unresolved symbols

Pascal Francq pfrancq at ulb.ac.be
Thu May 30 18:25:05 UTC 2002

On Thursday 30 May 2002 17:04, Sylvain Joyeux wrote:
> I have a project with two subdirectories net/ and request/.
> I make Kdevelop building two static libraries libnet.a and
> librequest.a in these subdirectories.
>
> But when it comes to linking, it looks like ld doesn't know
> anything about libnet symbols when it tries to link
> librequest (and vice-versa)
>
> Is there something to do (something different than putting
> all the source files in the main project directory...) ?
>
> Thank you in advance

It is necessary to add all the "lib*.a" files to the linker options. The
reason, I think, is that by default the library files are not added automatic
to all subdirs of a given project by KDevelop in the makefiles. By adding
them directly in the linker options, is to done.
--

Ir Pascal Francq
Researcher