team interview

Philippe FREMY P.FREMY at OBERTHURCS.com
Thu May 23 10:19:02 UTC 2002

> > > - What editors are available with kdevelop ? any plan for future ?
> >
> > The released versions still have a quite old version of kwrite. Gideon
> > uses the KTextEditor interface in kdelibs, so you can use any editor
> > that implements this interface. Currently available are kate, qeditor
> > (based on the editor in Qt designer) and nedit.
>
> Don't forget kvim, it is already a KPart and a KTextEditor interface is on
its
> way. There are a few problems with the focus but besides that it runs just

> fine in Gideon.

I was afraid nobody was aware of it!

I am one of the author of KVim, and especially of the vim KPart. Our goal
has always been vim inside KDevelop. Now Mickael Marchand is doing all the
work and it is getting really really good.

	Philippe