[Fwd: Re: Linux Format Awards]

Richard Smedley richard.smedley at futurenet.co.uk
Mon May 20 10:58:05 UTC 2002

"F at lk Brettschneider" wrote:

> [forwarded for the case of not being subscribed]

Thanks Falk.

>   ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

> >You were voted winner of the "Best Development Tool"
> >category in the Linux Format Awards. :-)
> >
> >Could you let me know where to send the award
> >certificate, please?

> Sounds great!!! :-)
> Please, could you write a little more in detail? What is the "Linux
> Format Award"? Is there an online story about it in the Internet?
> I'd like to announce it on www.kdevelop.org

Linux Format is the UK's largest (oldest, best-selling, etc... ;-)
GNU/Linux magazine, with considerable sales across Scandinavia,
Benelux, Australia and the USA. At the beginning of the year
readers voted on which nominations to put up for each
category on the site (www.linuxformat.co.uk), after the
nominations were decided they were announced in the magazine
and on the site, and votes were sent in.

The story isn't on the front page of the site, but
in due course the magazine article will appear in
our online archives.

You may be interested to know that the KDE project was
the winner in the "Open Source Project of the Year"
category :-)
(certificate sent to KDE league ;-)

> Anyway, the best would be to send clones of the award to each KDeveloper
> at home. ;) Since this aint possible, you could send the award to the
> organization "KDE e.V.". Read about it at
> http://www.kde.org/helping.html and http://www.kde.org/awards.html.

OK, I'll send it to Mirko Boehm at KDE e.V

Cheers and congratulations,

- Richard

--

Richard Smedley