C++ code refactorer

Philippe FREMY P.FREMY at OBERTHURCS.com
Tue May 14 17:42:04 UTC 2002

	Hi,

I want to write a C++ code refactorer. The goal is to be able to rename
functions, classes, add new arguments to function, put some code into a
function, ... You can find a lot about refactorings on
http://www.refactoring.com/catalog/index.html. I haven't read everything
yet.

Before being able to refactor, I need a full C++ syntax tree, with all
classes, method, variables, arguments and uses. Do you think some code of
kdevelop's class browser could be used for such a thing ? Or do you have
some pointers ? I wasn't able to find an independant C++ code parser on the
net, except for source navigator.

For source navigator, I don't like the tcl dependancy but it looks
interesting. I havn't investigated much yet in this direction though.

Once written, this could make a very good kpart for kdevelop.

	regards,

	PHilippe