Moveing KDevelop from python

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Mon May 13 04:46:03 UTC 2002

On Sunday 12 May 2002 7:36 pm, Richard Dale wrote:
> On Sunday 12 May 2002 5:52 pm, Bernd Gehrmann wrote:
> > On Friday 10 May 2002 20:52, you wrote:
> > > I was thinking of the tool on Mac OS X called 'bridget' - it can take
> > > .jobs files which specify conversion hints. Or it can do the conversion
> > > automatically, but I don't really know much about it though. But
> > > converting a C++ api to Objective-C (or Smalltalk) is about the hardest
> > > wrapping project you can do, because the method naming is so different
> > > to everything else. And you can't call C++ directly from non-Apple
> > > Objective-C at the moment.
> >
> > BTW, does the classparser understand Apple's Objective C++?
>
> I haven't tried the KDevelop classparser with Objective-C++. But it should
> be just a matter of parsing any instance variables which are defined using
> C++ syntax, and I would expect that it would do that ok.
One thing that needs to be added is support for the filename extensions for
Objective-C++. On NeXT they used to be .M, but now on Apple they're .mm (so
it works on a case insensitive file system).

I don't think KDE has a mime type for plain Objective-C source yet, and it
could do with an Objective-C++ one too.

-- Richard