tools part

Bernd Gehrmann Bernd-Gehrmann at gmx.de
Fri May 10 17:24:02 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 08 May 2002 19:07, you wrote:
> Hi, Bernd!
>
> > Any ideas?
>
> Maybe you could add 1) a "Take application from Kicker menu"-button to the
> "Add to XXX menu"-dialog.
> Or 2) you add a third button "Add KDE application" to the two existing
> "Add" and "Remove" in the "External Tools"-pane.
>
> These are my two ideas :-). But the feature is cool anyway :-).

2) would need the application tree to be moved to a separate dialog which
opens when you click the button. I wonder where the "Tools Menu" config
widget comes from. From pre-sycoca times? It's very slow compared to the
"Open with" dialog.

I have added the ability to drag and drop items from the kicker menu onto
the "Tool menu" tab in the "External tools" config widget. That's pretty cool,
but the widget accepts the drops only half of the time :-((

Bernd.