Debugger lacks gdb's functionallity !

F@lk Brettschneider falk.brettschneider at gmx.de
Thu May 9 21:22:03 UTC 2002

>>I am often annoyed with all bunch of the debugger shells (ddd, kdbg,
>>XYZdbg) because at last I allways must use the ol' goody gdb itself !
>>
>>I have posted the same message under different subject and nobody
>>answered to it ! I would really like to konow the reasons for not leting
>>the users to use complete gdb functionality !

I know John Birch is the only one on this planet who hacked on
KDevelop's debugger frontend. He spent many hours the day during many
weeks to implement all the current features. And now he hasn't the spare
time any more to work on. Itztok, we heard your wishes but at present we
haven't people hacking on the debugger.
Yes, we still miss things, it's quite slow compared to MSVC and I also
heard from other people that the debugger frontend is crap. But I think
it's the best you can get on Linux, great work and actually it fits
almost all my needs.
So just wait until someone came up with a debugger improvement patch or
program the patch by yourself.

Ciao
F at lk