KDevelop team interview

Bernd Gehrmann Bernd-Gehrmann at gmx.de
Mon May 6 14:45:23 UTC 2002

On Thursday 02 May 2002 16:26, you wrote:

> 2. The team
> - Who is working on kdevelop ?
> - How did you get started ?
> - How long ago ?

My first encounter with KDevelop was at the beginning of 1999. Before that
time, the most "visible" KDE based IDE was KodeKnight. It was based on
MICO and therefore needed 128 MB RAM to compile, so on my computer
a full build needed half a day. KDevelop was a lot more modest, and it was
very polished even in the early versions, with tooltips and what's this help
anywhere. As it looked very promising, I sent a mail with a long list of
ideas. After some weeks, it turned out that nobody was going to implement all
my suggestions, so I had to do it myself ;-)

Bernd.