KDevelop team interview

Victor Röder victor_roeder at gmx.de
Sat May 4 21:20:04 UTC 2002

Hi!

> 1. The project
> - How was the project started ? When, by whom, ...

Although it's Sandy's story, I'm telling it now :-):
Somewhen 1998 Sandy Meier started KDevelop and worked 8 weeks alone on this
project. After 2 or 3 fellow students of him added some features, 0.1 was
released. After 0.1 Ralf Nolden has joined. 3 months later 0.2 was released.
Then Pascal Kramer has integrated the dialog editor and Jonas Nordin has
rewritten the c++ parser for the class browser. The was release 0.3. After
that 0.4 was released but I don't know what was new in that version. After
that 1.0beta1 was released. That was more or less the beginning...
On the 4th May of 1999 www.kdevelop.org got online the first time...
Maybe

> -> everybody please present himself
My name is Victor Röder and I'm student of Computer Sciences in Business
Administration in Furtwangen (black forest), Germany.
1999 I wrote a mail to Sandy because of an idea I had for KDE development. He
told me to do by myself :-) and I started www.ksourcerer.org together with a
friend of mine AND Burkhard Lehner, the famous author of the book "KDE- und
Qt-Programmierung" (but that's not really important, because this site is not
online any more :-).
At the german "Linux Tag" 2001 I met Bernd Gehrmann and Sandy and we talked
about Gideon and I was impressed so that I got involved (with the many help
of Sandy :-). But my "code output" was not really huge :-).
For Gideon: I started with c++ code completion but that was not really great,
I assist to add persistant functionality to the existing class store so that
projects are loaded faster.
Now I'm working on the autoprojectpart of Gideon (see
http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=current_work.html for details).

I hope this helps...

Bye,
	Victor