The result of the whole discussion about Gideon and 2.2 (was: Re: A common roadmap)

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 30 13:46:59 UTC 2002

Hi all

Christian Couder wrote:

>August Hörandl wrote:
>
>>Falk Brettschneider wrote:
>>
>>>GIDEON_BRANCH or everything in HEAD in parallel?
>>>Roland!?!? Others!?!?
>>>We need a decision NOW!
>>>
>>if i think of all the questions "whats gideon ?"  and the
>>complicated checkout procedures (different tags) i would vote
>>for HEAD only
>>
>>maybe there should be 3 subprojects
>>  kdevelop
>>   +- kdevelop
>>   +- gideon
>>   +- parts          common, used by both
>>

>I vote for something like this.

It looks to me that most people like the solution written above.
So lets face that way as the result of the whole discussion. But anyway
I somehow lost the survey who's against that. AFAI see Roland doesn't
like it. Who else? Please, speak up now. Actually, I like the
GIDEON_BRANCH  idea but I'm fine with the suggestion above (of August
Hörandl). Can we now make the common compromise with that solution? It
should fit all interests. The future will show if people will more
program in the Gideon or the 2.2 subdirectory. Anyway the parts
directory will profit in every case.

If noone objects within the next 5 days, we can decide that and pin that
down and one of us must do the CVS reorganization job. Who volunteers?
Maybe Roland?

Cheers,
F at lk