The result of the whole discussion about Gideon and 2.2 (was: Re: A common roadmap)

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Sat Mar 30 01:14:03 UTC 2002

On Friday 29 March 2002 10:21 am, Falk Brettschneider wrote:
> I 100% agree. If noone objects in the next 4 days I'll put the public on
> www.kdevelop.org after Eastern.
> Then it will become the *official roadmap* and the reorganization of the
> CVS will be done by Roland.
>
> So now what?????
> GIDEON_BRANCH or everything in HEAD in parallel?
> Roland!?!? Others!?!?
> We need a decision NOW!
Umm.. Why is it urgent now? There's been a discussion about this for the last
few days, and I haven't noticed a consensus on what to do. The people who had
a viewpoint a few months ago have the same viewpoints now and are saying the
same things.

I'm afraid I haven't had time to do anything with gideon recently, but that
doesn' mean I've lost interest. Now I've got the java bindings in reasonable
shape for KDE 3, I'm keen to get going on gideon java support again. I'd like
to get the java plugin api in line with the new refactored core api in
gideon. How can it be a good idea to move sources around and attempt to merge
two different code bases, when the gideon api has just changed?

-- Richard