Patch: KTextEditor for Gideon (after mhk)

Matthias Hölzer-Klüpfel mhk at kde.org
Thu Mar 28 20:09:02 UTC 2002

On Thursday 28 March 2002 14:53, Harald Fernengel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wednesday 27 March 2002 19:17, Matthias Hölzer-Klüpfel wrote:
> > thanks for the patch. I just don't understand what this adds wrt the
> > current code? The KTextEditor stuff seems to work fine without your
> > patch.
>
> KTextEditor != KEditor.
>
> KTextEditor is the new generic interface that lies in kdelibs while KEditor
> is the Gideon interface (in gideon/lib/interfaces/keditor). They are pretty
> similar but KTextEditor is the "official" KDE solution and KEditor is the
> Gideon hack.

Harry,

I know about KTextEditor. My code already uses KTextEditor, not KEditor! And I
have started to migrate the parts towards KTextEditor as well. (I finished
two, and I hope to finish the remaining ones tomorrow).

I also noticed that your patch was not against the latest code in CVS, so
maybe you should have a look at the current one.

Bye,
Matthias.

PS: Turning off master wasn't a good idea as far as communication is concerned
;)