The day of seperation is here

Christian Couder christian at kdevelop.org
Thu Mar 28 02:02:03 UTC 2002

On Thursday 28 March 2002 01:16, Victor Röder wrote:

> > I would like to make KDEVELOP_2_BRANCH into HEAD and move gideon into
> > GIDEON_BRANCH.
>
> I think this is a useful deal because Gideon gets out of the spotlight (if
> one can call it this way) and moves the things in the right order: The team
> is more concentrated on KDevelop 2.x than on Gideon. I think when this
> situation changes we can put Gideon into HEAD again...

First, I agree that if we decide that we have to choose and that there can be
only one app in the HEAD branch, then it's fair that KDevelop 2.x be in the
HEAD branch.

But please, before coming to this conclusion, just tell us why in the first
place we should decide that there should be only one app in the HEAD branch ?
Isn't there enough place in the HEAD branch for 2 apps ?

If you look at other KDE CVS repositories, you will see that most of them
contains many apps...

Bye,
Christian.