The day of seperation is here

Christian Couder christian at kdevelop.org
Thu Mar 28 00:51:02 UTC 2002

On Thursday 28 March 2002 00:12, Falk Brettschneider wrote:

> Roland Krause wrote:
>
> >My conclusion is:
> >
> >I would like to make KDEVELOP_2_BRANCH into HEAD and move gideon into
> >GIDEON_BRANCH.
>
> YES!
>
> I additionally suggest to keep the directory structure of Gideon for
> that ported stuff. This trick would us allow to work without the later
> merging of HEAD and GIDEON_BRANCH, at least partially. I mean the
> GIDEON_BRANCH could use 'cvs update -dPA' in the shared directories. In
> this way development for those code would be on one cvs branch (HEAD).

Sorry, but I think it is both more complex and more unfair than just having
both KDevelop and Gideon in the same HEAD branch.

(Of course it was both unfair and complex to have Gideon in the HEAD branch
and KDevelop in another branch, but that's not a good reason to just change
places and make the same mistakes again ;)

Bye,
Christian.