gideon refactoring

Matthias Hölzer-Klüpfel mhk at kde.org
Tue Mar 26 22:22:04 UTC 2002

Tue, 26 Mar 2002 23:30:17 +0100On Tuesday 26 March 2002 22:09, you wrote:

> Is it a good IDEA to have those tabs floating in front of the editor? :)

Well, yes and no. IDEA has two modes: In the normal one, you get the tabs on
top of the editor. As soon as you select a file, e.g. in the FileSel, the tab
closes and put's you right into the editor. (In fact, it will close when you
double click, and stay on top if you single click). This is _very_ neat, as
you get maximum screen space, and can still access classes and files quickly.
I will implement the auto-closing, it will just need a small modification to
the part interfaces.

The second mode will get you a splitter and put the tab next to the editor.
This is nice, but a bit more work to implement, so I left it for later ;)

> Where can I get some screenshots of IDEA, I browsed the site but all I got
> was their feature matrix...

Well, you can download the IDEA. It is a Java app, and runs well. Only problem
is that the eval key expires after 3 week ;(

> > 3) I dropped the old editor interfaces, and made use of the new ones.
>
> PLEASE don't spend any work on it since I basically already did it. I think
> there shouldn't be much trouble to merge our patches as soon as your work
> is in CVS.

Well, after the restructuring, I essentially got this one for free ;)

> I vote for "commit it"

Ok, will do.

Bye,
Matthias.