Shared Libraries

Shridhar Daithankar shridhar_daithankar at persistent.co.in
Mon Mar 25 15:42:04 UTC 2002

Hi

I was toying with shared libraries with kdevelop project. As far as I
understand it doesn't support shared libraries as a part of project or as
a type of project.

It's easy is what I found. so if it's not alredy there can it be
implemented? I am using KDevelop2.01 with MDK8.1.

I have small project name vserver with few files in it. I want to maintain
it as a shared library. I added following to  vserver/vserver/Makefile.am

lib_LTLIBRARIES = libvector.la
libvector_la_sources = fvector.cpp definition.cpp coordinatesystem.cpp

libvector_la_LDFLAGS = -version-info 0:1

pkginclude_HEADERS = coordinatesystem.h definition.h fvector.h fobject.h

Make disctclean and rerun configure and that's it. Unfortunately I can not
make kdevelop automatically maintain those changes as and when I progress.
So I am using kdevelop like kate.

I would really love to see a UI doing all maintenance. It's good for two
things. One I don't have to remember many things. Two it can scale easily.
If my project has 40 shared libraries. Maintaining them becomes easy and
less error-prone.

 I hope this is useful for somebody.

 Shridhar