kdevelop patch.

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 25 00:28:04 UTC 2002

Hi,

Sorry about my late answer, haven't got much time these weeks...

jbb wrote:

>There is still the problem of keyboard navigation in the make output (ie there
>is none anymore, due to there being no focus in the widget). It would be good
>if this could be looked into.

I disabled focus for the message output tool-view because programmers
often scroll it up and down but usually don't want to lose the focus in
the edit view. But that would happen if the message view has focus enabled.
I think the best would be, if KDevelop-2.2 provided an extra checkbox or
toggle button for explicit switching on and off the focus ability of
those views. Usually you would switch focus off for not losing focus in
the edit view, but you would switch it on, if you for instance wanted to
scroll the view by (cursor) keys.

>This is a problem because it looks as if focus
>might be in the window, and, damnit, I keep modifying my source files by
>typing a return meant for the make output window. End would then also become
>a very useful key as well.
>
>Ok folks, sorry about dumping these on you like this, but I really have to go.
>See you next week.

Harry, the patch looks promising. So if the patch is OK for both, KDE2
and KDE3, we could try to convince Dirk to repackage for a last time.
But before applying to CVS I will need at least Monday to test jbb's
patch on KDE3.

Ciao
F at lk