Status of KDEVELOP_2_BRANCH?

John Firebaugh jfirebaugh at kde.org
Thu Mar 21 21:23:04 UTC 2002

On Thursday 21 March 2002 9:36, Roland Krause wrote:
> KDEVELOP_2_BRANCH is under development but unfortunately I seem to be
> the only person who is working on it. That still beats gideon (HEAD)
> with noone doing anything to it's core functionality (afaik) :-)

Ok, I will try to work on this branch as I have time.

> Anyway, as Falk said it's fairly close to be able to load and use
> certain gideon parts and plugins, which is my personal goal.

That would be great. IMHO if this is accomplishable and no one is working on
gideon in HEAD, KDEVELOP_2_BRANCH should become the official main branch for
all of the future.

> John, please give me one or two days, then I will have checked in my
> current state.

Ok, great. Thanks for all your hard work.

> If you decide to help, then please let us coordinate our effort.

My todo list is mostly lots and lots of small usability fixes. Stuff like:
getting configurable key bindings working properly, moving the execute and
run arguments to the project settings rather than dialog boxes, not asking
for confirmation every time you remove a file from a project.

How much of kate's view management does KDEVELOP_2_BRANCH use? Is it possible
with some work to be able to load Kate plugins within KDevelop?

later,
John