'Go to decl./def.' feature

Jens Zurheide jens.zurheide at gmx.de
Thu Mar 21 20:07:03 UTC 2002

>- not everyone uses ctags... like me, and it can cause trouble, if you
>"make dist" and you have already the tag-file.
>Try to remove the file "tags" by any make rule?? "make dist" always
>needs "etags" I don't know for what purpose.

This is a "known" (at least for me) problem. If the tags file is present
and you performe a autoconf/automake step, the tags file is picked up by
the auto* programs and automatically added to the distribution files and a
creation rule is added to the Makefile. And here your problems start. I
have posted a patch for the admin-dir a long time ago (2 months?) that
prevented the tags file from being added to the distribution files. If
there is interest in this patch I can have a look around on my computer.
With a little luck I can find it.

Regards,
Jens