Status of KDEVELOP_2_BRANCH?

F@lk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 21 12:00:13 UTC 2002

Hi,

Please, read also:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kdevelop-devel&m=101540538124134&w=2

John Firebaugh wrote:

> What is the status of the KDEVELOP_2_BRANCH? Using the kate part is very nice
> but the rest seems quite unusable... all the interesting commands are
> disabled, accelerators aren't displayed in the menus, the toolbars aren't
> merged properly. Roland, is it still just in a very experimental state?

AFAIK, Roland is currently merging the latest KDE_2_2_BRANCH to
KDEVELOP_2_BRANCH.
The result should be KDevelop-2.1 plus Kate minus KWrite minus
KDE3-compatibility.
If that merging has been done, we can start to develop there.

> Anyone seriously developing Gideon?

Looking at the cvs commits, I would say No.
But Roland told me he see a fairly realistic chance to easily and quickly extend
the KDEVELOP_2_BRANCH version in a way that it can load Gideon plugins and
parts.
This would be cool, because it allowed to merge the two KDevelop versions of
branch and HEAD.

> I'd like to contribute more but I'm just not sure where... it seems like no
> one can agree on exactly which branch further development will happen.
>
> later,
> John

Ciao
F at lk