More KDevelop patches

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 17 22:01:04 UTC 2002

Hi!

W. Tasin wrote:

> Example of actual KDevelop:
> void CKDevelop::slotActivateTView_VAR()
> {
>  if (dbgController != 0L) {  // when debugging, only
>
> dockManager->findWidgetParentDock(var_viewer->parentWidget())->makeDockVisible();
>
>    var_viewer->setFocus();
>  }
> }
>
> ------- and in the patch:
>
>> +/** No descriptions */
>> +void CKDevelop::showVarViewer(){
>> +  KDockWidget* pDockWdg =
>> dockManager->findWidgetParentDock(var_viewer->parentWidget());
>> +  pDockWdg->makeDockVisible();
>> }

If showVarViewer() is called from the keyboard accel, I would say,
var_viewer->setFocus() is necessary.
Otherwise keyboard freaks wouldn't get to the VAR tree, (and be able to
walk through the tree by cursor up and down, left and right).
It's a little bit tricky to decide what the best focus approach is. I'm
always open to be convinced by the contrary.

> -------
>
> So shouldn't it give the focus after the makeDockVisible()? Is it
> intended to have one function w/o and one with the setFocus()-call.

Ciao,F at lk