release policy after KDevelop-2.1

F@lk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 6 10:01:02 UTC 2002

Hi,

I want to the suggest to change our development and release policy after
the 2.1 release:

1.) If people develop for KDevelop-2.2, they will do that on cvs branch
KDEVELOP_2_BRANCH. All KDevelop-2.2.x cvs release tags will be set on
KDEVELOP_2_BRANCH. This branch is KDE 3, only. Roland will synchronize
this branch with KDE_2_2_BRANCH again in a way that KDEVELOP_2_BRANCH
continues the current development state.

2.) If there will be KDevelop-2.1-bugfix-versions (2.1.1, 2.1.2, ...),
their cvs release tags will be set on KDE_2_2_BRANCH. This means
KDE_2_2_BRANCH is for bugfixes of 2.1, only - no new features as a
version 2.2 would mean. This branch keeps on being a KDE2 branch with
the ability to be source-compatible to KDE 3. As we do at present. This
would mean, we do not accept feature patches for KDE_2_2_BRANCH any
more. This branch should be closed for further development.

3.) Gideon on HEAD as usual.

Please discuss!

Ciao
F at lk