IDEAI UI-mode

F@lk Brettschneider falk.brettschneider at gmx.de
Sun Jun 30 21:37:04 UTC 2002

Bernd Gehrmann wrote:

>On Saturday 29 June 2002 23:00, you wrote:
>
>>John Firebaugh wrote:
>>
>>>Why not save the UI state as part of the project file instead, and restore
>>>it after the project gets restored?
>>>
>>Imagine, users want to put project files in cvs.
>>

>Project files do not belong in cvs, they are exclusively for user
>preferences.

Our company put .kdevprj in cvs because of several entries we didn't
want to create 100 times new for each and every developer.
That's why I splitted .kdevprj into .kdevprj and .kdevses.

One example in a library project (a .kdevprj file) of the company:
  bin_program=corvis.bin
  path_to_bin_program=../../../../CORVIS/mainmodule
Note it's different from any default settings KDevelop could set.

The appropriate entry in a Gideon project file (.kdevelop) would be:
 <run>
   <mainprogram>../../../../CORVIS/mainmodule/corvis.bin</mainprogram>
  </run>

In this example, how would Gideon avoid the manual project settings
adaption after every single developer in the company checked out the cvs?

Ciao
F at lk