IDEAI UI-mode

Matthias Hoelzer-Kluepfel Matthias at Hoelzer-Kluepfel.de
Sat Jun 29 09:39:02 UTC 2002

On Saturday 29 June 2002 02:00, Victor Röder wrote:
> Hi, Matthias!
>
> You're IDEAI-mode is really really cool!
>
> 2 things:
>
> 1) What does the last 'I' in IDEAI mean?

Hm, I "borrowed" the look & feel (actually, more the feel) from an IDE called
IntelliJ IDEA. I didn't want to call it IDEA mode, and I think it is the
ideal user interface for an IDE. But it has no real meaning besides that. Do
you have a better proposal? I think that "tab zoom mode" is a bit clumsy.

> 2) When restarting Gideon the dock mode is restored but not the the last
> opened panel (the Recent panel is always shown). Okay, this might not be
> the job of the IDEAI but I just wanted to mention it :-). The other three
> modes are affected, too.

Yes, I know. The problem is that at the time when the UI gets restored, the
plugins have not been loaded completely. (The project specific are missing),
so you have to select the right panel later. And if you don't use "Load last
project on startup", the plugins might even not be there at all. I guess I
can implement something that will "mostly work", and that should fix the
other modes as well. I will put it on the TODO list.

Bye,
Matthias.