TODO List KDevelop 2.1.2

W. Tasin tasin at fhm.edu
Thu Jun 20 22:30:05 UTC 2002

F at lk Brettschneider schrieb:

>> Hi F at lk, hi guys,
>>
>> finally here's the patch which should handle the 4pt/12pt fontsize
>> problem.
>>
>> I also added the possibility to compile KDevelop with color printing
>> support (in the easiest and non problematic way).
>>
> What do you think about making it the default setting?

I don't think that it is a good idea, because - even on selecting b/w on
the printer dialog - the output will be greyscaled!!
This makes the output less readable (think only about giving comments
the green color).
I did test it and it is really horrible on bw-laser printer.

So the cleanest solution would be to have a checkbox, but this is a new
feature (just as for me ;-)), because we would internationalization
never get finished.

A compromise would be to use a kdeveloprc setting, so KDevelop hasn't to
be recompiled to get a colored output (but this is a "half-unfinished"
solution).

> B/W printers should print b/w anyway.
> And can the user actually unset a "colour" checkbox in the KDE print
> dialog? So we would always supply coloured printing, and the user
> could finally set back to black/white. Is this possible with KDE's
> print system?
>

> Ciao
> F at lk
>
> P.S.: atm I cannot test the printing, my printer doesn't work any more
> because of the reinstallation with SuSE-8. I need to find the reason
> first... But your patch looks good to me.

Maybe there's some other volunteer?

Ciao

Walter

--
Diese Mail ist haltbar bis: Siehe Rueckseite.