team interview

F@lk Brettschneider falk.brettschneider at gmx.de
Thu Jun 13 19:04:02 UTC 2002

August Hörandl wrote:

>On Thursday 13 June 2002 04:49, Eray Ozkural wrote:
>
>>It looks like Falk expressed interest in (x)emacs embedding. The
>>xemacs part can be done exactly the way kvim part works, so what
>>we're going to do is to use gnuserv/gnuclient approach and QXEmbed
>>based widget support for emacs. I'm brave enough to start that code
>>and I think Falk's going to help me.
>>

>this would be a leap forward - a "real" editor ;-)

I'm really interested in the 2 killer features KDevelop-2.1 is missing.
It's the Workspace(.dsw)<->Project(.dsp) approach of MS Visual C++ to
get the MSVC fans to KDevelop, and Emacs integration to get the ancient
hardcore KDE gurus to KDevelop. :-)
Vim integration will show how easy it is to embed non-Qt stuff in
KDevelop...

Ciao
F at lk