fix for broken CMakeOutputWidget (2.1.2cvs)

Marcus Gruendler lists at tamalin.de
Wed Jun 12 22:36:25 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 12 June 2002 16:09, Kuba Ober wrote:
> On wtorek 11 czerwiec 2002 07:48 pm, falk.brettschneider at gmx.de wrote:
> > Hi!
> > A patch is attached fixing three newly broken issues with the output
> > tool-view happened with my Qt-3.0.3. I've got SuSE-8.0 (Qt-3.0.3,
> > KDE-3.0.0), so please also test it with newer Qt/KDE versions! I tested
> > it with KDE-2 and it works well there, too. I already committed because
> > of the running timeout until the KDE-3.0.2 release.

[...]
> As far as some img-bulleting advocates are concerned: folks, let's realize
> that this stuff has to go with now-being-closed kdevelop 2.1. I'm sure
> gideon will require qt 3.0.5 or better, and then we don't need any stupid
> workarounds neither for qt 2.x nor qt<=3.0.4, and we can add visual candy
> to everybody's liking. This was about making the least possible changeset
> to kdevelop 2.1 sources while still keeping it working with qt 2.x and  qt
> 3.0.3/3.0.4. I believe my patches are the smallest possible which work, fix
> *two* problems (line breaks + escaping), and don't seem to introduce any
> other problems nor need for changes elsewhere in the code.
>
> Cheers, Kuba Ober

[...]

Okay, I agree as well. for KDevelop 2.1 it might be the best solution, since
there won't be any new features like bullets or anything like this.
Nevertheless I don't have any problems with the outputview with current cvs
from today. I have tested both Qt-3.0.3 and Qt-3.0.4 - no problem (with line
wrapping)...

But now it does not automatically scroll to the end of the compiler output
anymore while compiling. Any ideas?

Bye, Marcus