Runtime check for broken Qt lib

Marcus Gruendler lists at tamalin.de
Mon Jun 10 18:14:03 UTC 2002

Hi all,

Roland recently fixed the problem with empty new lines in the COutputWidget of
KDevelop 2.1.2 by checking the Qt version by adding #ifdef's. Since this is a
compile time check, the workaround will not work if KDevelop is compiled with
Qt-3.0.3 and installed on a Qt-3.0.4 system.

I have provided a patch wich checks for the Qt-version during runtime, which
works around the buggy RichText view regardles of the compile time
Qt-version. I simply compare qVersion() with the string "3.0.4". Could
someone with a 3.0.4 version please check if it's okay? I don't have my 3.0.4
version anymore since I've updated my system to SuSE 8.0 ;-).

Bye, Marcus.

P.S.: I hope it's the last patch for the output view ;-P