(no subject)

Matthias Hölzer-Klüpfel Matthias at Hoelzer-Kluepfel.de
Mon Jun 10 18:13:35 UTC 2002

On Monday 10 June 2002 12:14, Tver Mit wrote:
> Hi all.
> I write a programm that uses plugin (on dl* functions base). When plugin
> code is free of bugs all is ok, but when plugin faults by any reason, my
> programm do so. I want my programm to work even if plugin dies. I see two
> ways:
> 1. handling signals
> 2. run plugin in different thread or process
> but then:
> in 1. what will be with resources, that plugin use ?
> in 2. it'll be about 15-20 plugins running - so there will be 15-20
> processes. And how to synchronise them all?

Well, this seems a bit off-topic here, but you could have a look at how kicker
handles these things. It has both ways implemented, so "trusted" plugins run
in the same process as kicker, untrusted ones run in separate processes.

Ah, and the way to communicate is, of course, DCOP.

Bye,
Matthias.