TODO List KDevelop 2.1.2 (PATCHES attached, please comment)

Kuba Ober kuba at mareimbrium.org
Mon Jun 3 20:56:03 UTC 2002

On czwartek 30 maj 2002 12:32 pm, Harald Fernengel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> okay, we have about two weeks until 2.1.2 will be packaged. Any real
> showstoppers around?

Attached are:

- CMakeOutputWidget patches that make it work flawlessly on qt 3.x
- KWrite's indentation patches, these make it work at least (no pals, it
*didn't* work before, whatever the impression was)
- Cleanup in KWrite's Editor Options dialog
- Proper header names + std:: where needed for clean compile under GCC 3.1

I'm working on finishing up polish translations for these, as well as
documentation fixes.

If somebody complains that these don't apply to the latest cvs, please include
latest snapshot's URL, or an URL to diffs between latest release and latest
cvs. I will merge, fix clashes and rediff then, and only then.

Please note that I consider my OutputWidget patches to be a tad cleaner than
Harald Fernengel's "trivial" patch, becase his patch is in a hack on top of a
hack style. In mine, I get rid of appending tags to the line, and just use
PlainText format + strategically located setColor() calls.

Please let me know what you guys think, and whether the indentation feels good
enough. First, make sure that Enter Indents, Tab Indents, and Indent Braces
are selected in options->editor...->indentation options. Note that I've made
unindentation use shift-tab. My indentation changes were made so that
kdevelop 2.1 branch is left in a reasonably-complete indentation

I wonder whether making block indentation/unindentation work would be the goal
as well? I think I don't need this very often, but I consider this doable
upon some positive feedback.

Cheers, Kuba Ober